I worked with Meredith for several years at a large law firm representing corporate clients in a variety of complicated matters. She is an extremely thorough, reliable and diligent attorney that works hard to achieve the best results possible for her clients. Meredith possesses great legal instincts and an acute analytical ability. She is also very talented at persuasive legal writing, whether it is in the form of an appellate brief, a motion or even just a demand letter. I strongly recommend her services.
– John Rigney, General Counsel, Osmose Utilities Services, Inc.
Looking for the right attorney for your case or project can sometimes feel overwhelming. There are many lawyers in the Atlanta area, all of whom provide their own unique blend of experience, practice focus, and skills. So what’s my unique blend? For starters, I:
- Focus on doing work that helps people who are at a disadvantage.
- Have extensive legal research and writing skills.
- Support my clients throughout it all … I care, and I’m not afraid to put that to work to do my best.
So Who Am I?
I’m Meredith Watts, a seasoned and highly-trained litigation attorney in Atlanta. I handle a broad range of cases, including employee rights disputes (discrimination, and wage/hour claims, and more), civil rights and police brutality cases, general business disputes, and contract disputes. Also, I provide assistance to other attorneys who are in need of sophisticated research and writing ability for appellate briefs and other major briefs. What does all this mean, though?
I have a passion for helping people find lasting solutions to their legal problems.
My Journey to Opening The Watts Firm
Before starting my own firm I served for as a judicial law clerk in federal court, where I learned the importance of clean, crisp, and compelling legal writing. Following that, I moved to Troutman Sanders LLP, a top-three law firm in Atlanta. At Troutman I gained extensive experience working on complex business and construction disputes.
After leaving Troutman in 2012, I consulted with other lawyers in Atlanta on their cases, offering research and brief writing services. I then moved on to Slotkin & Caiola, LLC, a boutique Decatur litigation firm. For two years, I worked on complex franchise, business, real estate, and employment litigation.
Throughout my time in private practice, I always took on pro bono clients facing issues like eviction, foreclosure, or problems with their employers. It was through this work that I realized my true desire to help individuals who were being harmed by their employers or government entities. So in 2017, I founded The Watts Firm to use my skills to better serve these individuals.
If you’d like to learn more about my background or how I can put my experiences and skills to work for you, please reach out via phone at 770-322-4135 or via email.
- Principal Attorney, The Watts Firm, LLC (2017-Present)
- Associate, Slotkin & Caiola, LLC (2014-2016)
- Principal Attorney, Meredith Watts, LLC (2013-2014)
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP (2008-2012)
- Law Clerk, Hon. G. Ernest Tidwell, United States Courts, N. Dist. Ga. (2006-2008)
- American Constitution Society
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (2006)
- Georgia Law Review (Articles Editor), National Moot Court Team (Member)
University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science (2001)
- Member: Georgia Debate Union
- Georgia (2007)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2008)